Tuesday, May 5, 2020

YouTube Copyright Claim

Honestly, I don't understand why they have to file a Copyright claim against me. I am a private person when it comes to uploading videos to YouTube. The only reason why I use YouTube is their ability to share my private videos to my family and friends without having technical issues during uploads - unlike Facebook's video capabilities.

The first time it came about was when I dedicated a song to my new brother in-law. I was too lazy to play my guitar. It was very late at night or around the break of dawn to be making too much noise.  Then on the video I posted about my depression, someone from that company contacted me. Per the Record company's representative, if I did not take down my video, they will sue me for contempt. This record company goes by the name of The Orchard Music, who also claims to own rights to Gary Valenciano's album. I uploaded a video blog about my experience with depression, why I was suffering from insomnia and how I usually manage and deal with it. It doesn't make sense to me that a corporation would harass an individual suffering from depression to plug off their video all because I decided to sing, "Letting go," by Gary Valenciano. Gary, if you did this... *growls* *humpfh* *bangs head on table*

Today, 5/4 - I got another Content ID claim from Josh Groban himself. Fuck you... dickish prick.

Because of this, I'm livid at the moment. I'm trying to resolve this issue in a manner where I don't go to jail. I have a YouTube account which is set to Private. I don't make money off from it. I don't even qualify for being a YouTube business partner. I have 8 followers. I am keeping them. God dammit!

I have a better job than most people who dub themselves "Influencers." Granted I watch several entertaining self-proclaimed entertainers who have the time and resources to be full time YouTube sensations.

The fact that YouTube policies do not help people like me who just want to share videos to friends and family is underlying unfair. Facebook is horrible for uploading videos. The video quality is sub par to say the least. SnapChat doesn't work for me since you are only allowed 30 seconds.

Even though The Orchard Music's claim expired, I am still unable to upload videos to YouTube. I had no other choice but to delete them all. I'm not sure what to do from here. If you see me upload a video, it'll be up for a week or two. Depending if I remember to take them down.

In lieu of this insult, I have created a Vimeo account. Hopefully, I can share my videos without greedy, asinine corporations and "Content creators" accusing me of stealing their shit. On that note, I updated my YouTube "About" profile. Yeah... I'm pissed. So what?

You Content creators better leave me the fuck alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment