Thursday, May 7, 2020

Blessed Assurance

"This is my story, this is my song ..."

Every Sunday growing up, this song will reverb in my soul whenever it is sung. If I had a life like Jesus, I would have balked or run away. He did neither. His resilience and trust in God, the Father was certain. Even in his death, he chose God to release his burden.

I still cry to this day reading his story. My story isn't as grandeur as those people portrayed in the movies like 'The child called, "It",' or "Catch me if you can." If you have been following me, you would know the same story I always tell: I am a Domestic Violent survivor, both as a child and an adult.

I don't usually share my spiritual devotions mainly because my audience-base is multi-faceted by different ethnicities, cultures, moral compasses and sexual orientations. The diatribe of social justice can only take you so far. I am still a unique individual regardless of the isms other people label me under.

Needless to say, my point is this - God is love. In their altruistic being, God doesn't want to see you suffer.
"When we look at our own stories, we begin to discern the hard places, the dark places, and the times when we felt our life ebbing away from us. It's in the retrospective look that we can trace the path of the hero of our story."
What I have taken from this devotion is that I am grateful to all the heroes in my life, who have helped me triumph through my adversities. They know who they are. I will be forever grateful to you. I know I haven't been active online, given you a call or written a letter. I'm truly sorry. I'm currently distracted by so many things - it's a challenge for me to stop for a moment, to be still, and reflect on the moments that signify my existence.

All I'm saying is in this time of crisis, hold on to the people who love and care for you. If you have a certain faith, which keeps you going, all the better. For all my free-thinking friends, know that you are loved and if you need anything - I'll do what I can to help you out. Many people can attest to this. I don't have to prove to anyone that I am a good person. I just do it because I want to. It makes me happy to see you happy. I will never ask anything of you in return.

God saved me from killing myself by sending a lowly Catholic boy who wanted to do the right thing. That was all it took to bring me back to my senses. As I have stated earlier, there were other people in my life, who were not of the Christian faith, to snap me back to reality. I truly believe there are angels in our midst. You can be one too.

I hope in time when all this is over, we will be able to understand each other better. I will do my best to remember to call, write or email - just to see how you are all doing.

Be safe. Take care. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment