Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Looking Positively Radiant

In the recent weeks, staying positive while reality is slapping me in the face, can be mentally exhausting, overwhelming and has the tendency to get me piqued.

It's not so much of not wanting to stay positive; especially when someone like me, is so emotionally attached to everything. Even in the midst of my prayers with God, I have little reminders egging me to listen.

After getting fully acquainted with the nuance of Blogger's recent integration with Google+, I've embraced the simplicity of the application without resentment. I wish so much to switch my brain for a logical one, but I wouldn't be quite the same.

So, here's to my personal mission statement:

I will do my best to be aware of the people I'm affecting around me. Perhaps collaborate and compromise in applying the best solution to a certain situation; as needed. I was told that not every solution available works for the situation at that particular time. I should also continue to better my well-being regardless of my emotional state. I certainly do not want to end up like my father. He worked himself to the grave; literally. He spent so much time trying to finish a project without getting much needed rest, social interaction, proper diet (too much soda and processed food) or at least some quality time for himself or his family.

I was raised to always love the work I do and to take pride in it even if it's not something I'm good at. Even if I lack the ability to solve a problem instantaneously, I can still solve problems with little to none of any repercussions.

The benefits of staying positive have worked wonders for people who keep at it. They're more energetic. They stay younger. They are able to keep fit. Most of all, they become well-rounded and reasonable people to hang out and be with.

Applying all of these positive affirmations, such as, "I can do this," or "God give me strength and the will to pass the day without quitting," have its limitations too. This is why God rested. It's not that He gave up. He just wanted to sit, relax, and enjoy His marvelous work of art. The reason for us to fervently desire perfection is because we just want to be like Him: omniscient, immortal, powerful, and gracious.

The most powerful advice Jesus gave to his disciples is, "If you want to be great in God's Kingdom, you have to learn to be the servant of all." (Matthew 20:26) With that being said, I have to be grateful to those who taught me how to stay positive and improve my well-being and lifestyle.

I like how Nadia Goodman stated in her article about challenging the negative thoughts. I've been left idle for far too long in the day that allows me to dwell on the negative thoughts. I need to keep myself engaged in something productive. That's what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment