Friday, January 6, 2012

Why America is not safe the way it used to be

Rick Santorum's Speech

I'll tell you why America is not safe anymore, Mr Rick Santorum. As a child, I watched from my parents' television how brutal the government has treated its veterans after the Vietnam war. The generation that were left behind to live as refugees faced scrutiny and prejudice. They had to work hard for a living. I grew up learning that my people, the Filipinos, were faced the same scrutiny and prejudice during the Japanese occupation across the South-East Asian countries. Did your ancestors truly believe they saved my people?

It only takes one person to change the face of history. By this evidence alone, you would think the American people would learn from their mistakes. The Ancient world looks down upon you, America. 

The reason why everything is the way it is now, was not because of China's top-of-the line cheap labor for capitalism, or Japan's innovative technology or the Middle Eastern world's production of crude oil to boost the economy. It is America's demand for the ideal lifestyle: "The American Dream".

The Ancient world as we know it, is only trying to meet those demands of the so-called "New World." So, it should not be a surprise that they too, can live up to the same ideal philosophy. They are learning more everyday that their world is getting afflicted each time they do so. Their younger generation has had enough. They're fighting back.

You believe this is a war against the flesh? (as you Christians would like to phrase it) I tell you now, it's not. It's war against what is corrupt, immoral and most of all, greed. America has become greedy. Keep taking more of the resources you plan to waste, the more likely you are to get what you deserve the most: A good spanking.

Do not drivel the Ancient world about your religious piety. God did not intend us to squabble over land and resources. It is not anyone's fault, but yours. It is your own selfish desire to get what you want: - to be comfortable with the riches you know you have but want more of what you want from your neighbor's side of the fence.

I may be an American citizen by naturalization, but I understand where I am from. I am born and descendent of the Ancient world. My ancestors suffered so you can live they way you are now. I don't need to suffer the same fate my ancestors did. If you so highly praise your grandfathers and forefathers, do you believe they are proud of what you're doing?

Get to the real issue of what is making America a declining democracy and make a difference by accepting the fact of the matter at hand. If you could do that, then, I will follow. If not, I will continue as I have before - surviving; just as my ancestors did before me.


Published 1/6/12
Edited 8/30/22

No comments:

Post a Comment