Wednesday, December 14, 2016

My New Year's Resolution

Firstly, I would like to reflect on the things that happened to my life in 2016. I promise you - it's drama free.

I've been dealing with depression all my life. However, to be diagnosed with clinical depression took a toll on my perspective in life. It's not so much in the perspective that my life "sucks," but more intuitively how much the world has allowed the society of  schisms to expand their wake of hatred, greed, self-worth and biased pollution to the young generation of my future.

Growing up in the household of activists, I had believed I was fighting the good fight:- the fight save the planet; heal the world; share the love and make a unified peace. That was then.

After several weeks of attending therapy sessions about how to handle my depression and anxiety, I came to a conclusion that I have to be who I need to be. I need to be true to myself. I need to devote my time with my family. I need to be present when it matters the most.

After losing my job, I couldn't fathom being unemployed for the rest of my life. In all honesty, I am grateful where I am now. I'm going to make the best out of it. My family needs my financial support. I have 3 more years left to clear my credit history before I can move on to bigger and greater things. With the little resources I have for the moment, I know I'm making a big difference by improving the little things I am capable of changing.

I've never thought I would make a New Year's resolution. I was young at the time. I thought I had no need to do so. It's almost the dawning of the new year, I figured I would at least give it a try.

My New Year's resolution would be for me to go the extra mile - to lend more than just a helping hand. When I'm busy working on a project, I need to constantly remind myself that it doesn't have to be perfect. Whatever task I have begun has to be finished. I am overwhelmed with over 35 unfinished projects, in which I have accumulated since 2007. I need to stop making excuses too.

I know I am an emotional person regardless of the premise of being a woman. I can't change that. Whether or not I have implied or inferred something offensive or derogatory, I will openly discuss my opinion without prejudice. The only upsetting thing for me is when someone decides to impose an assumption that I may be deceitful or supercilious. Under certain circumstances, I can be; however, it is not my personality.

I will admit my flaws and limitations. It's not something I wear around my sleeves. I will always try my hardest and do the best I can with what I've been given. I have skills and talents, in which I can apply to any task. I was raised to do my job well and be happy with my accomplishments. I was taught that if I can't do a simple task correctly, there's no profit to gain by trusting me to take on a challenging task in the future.

Needless to say, whatever the future brings, I know I am not alone with the current times we are in now. I can't say I am fortunate. I am however, grateful to all the people I have met this year and to those who have stuck by me through thick and thin. I am also grateful to those who have taught me new ways of doing things I never thought of.

I wish you all a blessed and prosperous New Year. Cheers, to 2017. May the Force be with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment